On this page you will find a series of guides to assist you with setting up your child's iPad for use at Nundah State School.
These guides have been developed in 2021 and are up to date at the time of publishing. If you come across any issues when following the guides, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the guide and the step number where you encountered the problem.
1. Setting up Family Sharing
Family Sharing is the easiest way to create accounts for children. This links your child's account to an adult account and lets you share purchases across 6 devices as well as allowing you to check Screen Time usage and set content restrictions from your own Apple device.
Please select the appropriate guide relevant to which operating system you have:
How do I know which iOS I have?
- On your Apple device (iPhone/iPad), open the Settings app.
- Once in Settings, choose 'General' from the left menu, then 'About' from the right menu.
- Look for the number next to 'Software Version'. The first number will indicate which guide you need to choose above.
2. Setting up general settings
These steps configure options to optimise use in the classroom (e.g. turning off notifications). These steps are covered when students first bring their iPads at the beginning of Year 3 but can be done by you now.
3. Setting up Screen Time and Content restrictions
While this is not necessary for you to set up, we believe that setting up limitations on students' devices and monitoring device use is beneficial as our children learn to be effective, responsible and Cyber smart with their iPads. This guide covers how to set up Screen Time and Content and Privacy restrictions using Apple's in-built Screen Time tool.