Nundah State School has approximately 45 teaching staff and an additional 20 non-teaching staff to supporting the learning of our 730 students.
These include our leadership team:
• Principal, Ms Deb Cox (who has been with us since 2012)
• Deputy Principal, Ms Shona Arneil.
• Deputy Principal, Mr Andrew Goldie.
• Heads of Curriculum, Ms Kerryn Grice, Ms Marie Robertson and Ms Kate Swete-Kelly.
• Pedagogical Coaches, Mr Gareth Emblen, Mrs Kathy Murphy and Ms Kerryn Grice
• STream and Japanese teacher, Mr Gareth Emblem and Lizzie Hewett
• Team Leader for Students With Additional Needs (SWAN- differentiation and personalising learning), Ms Kerry Taylor.
Our classrooms teachers are a mix of a long-term Nundah teachers and some staff new to Nundah.
Classroom programs are enhanced by our Specialist teachers. We have a full-time Physical Education teacher in Ms Kristian
Crisp, a full-time Music teacher in Mrs Kim Barnham and Ms Traci Fletcher teaching the specialist areas including some Health, Rock and Water, and our Perceptual Motor Program in the early years
Complimenting these roles are a team of specialist support staff who provide particular support for students and advise for teachers. These include our SWAN Support Teachers, Mrs Kerri Turner, Ms Jade Doyle, Mrs Jane O'Brien and Mrs Rosie Driver; our English as an Additional Language Teacher (EAL), Mrs Meredith Waghorn, our Guidance Officer (GO), Ms Alison Daly and our Chaplain, Ms Elda Perez. We also have some Advisory visiting teachers who visit regularly to provide professional support. More detail about their roles can be found under Student services and support programs.
Our office staff, teacher aides, cleaners and facility services officer are most capably led and managed by our Business Manager (BM), Ms Krystal Lewis.