Year 3-6 iPad Program
Year 3 students begin the iPad Program and continue through to Year 6.
The benefits of 1-to-1 programs have been recognised internationally. Some of the benefits include:
• increased independent learning habits,
• self-initiated learning in students; and
• learning opportunities that reach beyond the classroom.
Students who have their own mobile learning devices have been found to take greater pride and ownership over the knowledge they create, with a flow-on to more flexible forms of schooling. 1-to-1 programs can extend formal learning communities to include parents, siblings and other people important in students' lives. Also, the programs may lead to initiating global communication and collaboration and develop creative expression. (Smart Classrooms)
Our program builds on the foundation of personalised learning and prepares Nundah students to participate in the connected digital world.
Please find the attached documents for your reference:
- iPad Program Handbook (PDF, 473KB),
- Responsible Use Policy (PDF, 154KB),
- Our most recent iPad App List (PDF, 450KB),
- Memorandum of Understanding iPad Program (PDF 107KB) (for Y2 students entering the program),
- Third Party Website Consent Form (PDF, 118KB)
- CyberSafety Guide (PDF, 1267KB)
Parent Checklist (PDF, 154KB)
2020 BYO iPad Parent Information Evening Presentation (PPSx, 24450KB)
JB HIFI have created a Purchase Portal for Nundah SS parents (see link below) with several alternatives for payment, insurance, cases, and optional extras (keyboards, styluses). However, you may purchase an iPad from your location of choice.
JB Hi-Fi's BYOD Online service also provides a dedicated customer service team for parents, available 6 days a
week. Monday – Wednesday 9am – 6pm, Thursday – Friday 9am – 8pm and Saturday 9am – 12pm
The BYOD customer service team can be contacted on 1300 730 548 selecting option 1 or via email at
Alternatively, there is a FAQ page at support.jbeducation.com.au.